Coconut water is known to be an excellent source of moisture in the body. It is mild for the stomach and contains many important nutrients and minerals.
According to a health website report, which states that despite its many benefits, Coconut water also has some disadvantages which are as follows.
1. Coconut water has the property of producing more urine, drinking more of this water also puts pressure on the kidneys, and they have to work harder to get rid of excess water.
2. It contains a significant amount of calories. Patients with diabetes should avoid drinking it.
3. Drinking large amounts of Coconut water lowers Blood Pressure, so people with low blood pressure should take it in limited quantities.
4. According to the US Department of Agriculture, people with high blood pressure or heart disease should avoid using Coconut water as it affects the level of sodium in the body.
5. Coconut water is not suitable for people who are allergic to certain foods or beverages because drinking Coconut water can cause allergic reactions in them.
6. High levels of potassium in Coconut water can lead to hyperkalemia, which can lead to weakness, dizziness, and even loss of consciousness.
7. If you are worried about not gaining weight, fresh Coconut water is much better than canned packed juices.
8. Coconut water is low in carbohydrates so it is not very good for people who are involved in sports. It cannot be considered as a substitute for drinks that give them energy and efficiency.
9. Coconut fruit should be drunk immediately after it is opened because if it is left open for too long, all the essential nutrients in it are lost.
10. Coconut water is not suitable for patients with fibrosis. It is a genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system and reduces the level of salt in the body because it contains high amounts of potassium.
“Despite all these warnings about the impending harm of Coconut water, experts insist that it is a healthy fruit, although it can be harmful if eaten in large quantities.”