Return to international cricket is not possible, retirement is ‘final’: AB de Villiers

Web Desk. The South African Cricket Board says “star batsman AB de Villiers has ruled out any possibility of a return to international cricket.”

Announcing the squads for next month’s tour of the West Indies and Ireland in July, the South African Cricket Board said: “Talks have been held with AB de Villiers and the batsmen have said that his decision to retire will be final.

Earlier, there was speculation that AB de Villiers, who retired from international cricket in 2018, would return to the national team to play the scheduled T20 World Cup in October and November this year.

Mark Boucher, South Africa’s head coach and longtime Proteas player who played with de Villiers, said several times last year that “he has been in talks with de Villiers and he himself has recently been having hinted in the Indian Premier League that he wanted to return.

AB de Villiers, 37, who made the fastest century in ODI cricket, said last month that “he will decide based on his form and fitness.” His performance for Royal Challengers Bangalore before the cancellation of the tournament due to the Corona epidemic was excellent.

He scored 207 runs at an average of 51.75 while his strike rate was over 164. The statement issued on Tuesday did not provide further details on the incidents or discussions that led to AB de Villiers’ decision.

Victor Mpitsang convenor of the South African selectors said, “There is a lot of speculation, especially about how they are playing in the IPL.” Mark Boucher was very clear that he had spoken to AB.

Nepali Mountaineer broke his own record by climbing Mount Everest for the 25th time

Here at mynewsify.com, what matters the most is your valuable engagement and YOU, the readers!